B is for Badass

I am really good at motivating people, sharing inspirational quotes, sitting next to friends and like the cheerleader I never was and chant You Can Do It!! to whatever their passion may be. Mostly it’s within my writing community as I need a cheerleader as the next person and if I have like-minded people around that helps all of us. We’re writing for a reason and I love to encourage and support everyone to the page.

The way I get inspired. I read a lot of self-help books on personal growth and well-being. The latest book that I am re-reading is You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero. Have you read it? I highly recommend this very down to earth and to the point 27 bite-sized chapters that will have you shaking your head in ‘yes, I know’s’ and big A-Ha moments. I have laughed out loud and also shut the book and walked away because some of the chapters hit a sensitive spot that I know I have to work on. My favourite saying that I share on a regular basis, What you resist, persists. Do you think I live by that? About 85.5% of the time the other 14.5% percent of me turns my head and ignores what my sassy true self knows to be the truth. Get up and as Nike has shared, Just do it!

The very first two quotes that I highlighted from Jen’s book that I have now pinned up in my writing room:

Wanting can be done sitting on the couch with a bong in your hand and a travel magazine in your lap.

Deciding means jumping in all the way, doing whatever it takes, and going after your dreams with the tenacity of a dateless cheerleaders a week before prom night.

I’ve been jumping up for a long time and now it’s time to jump a little higher to get my butt in gear for the next step of my writing life. Self publish and share the work that has chosen me to work through. Isn’t that a Badass concept?

Until next time, keep on typing. . . .

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s