Sometimes it’s about the basic’s and keeping it simple. In the Artist’s Way, Julia Cameron lays some guidelines for us:
In order to be an artist, I must:
- Show up at the page. Use the page to rest, to dream, to try.
- Fill the well by caring for my artist.
- Set small ad gentle goals and meet them.
- Pray for guidance, courage, and humility.
- Remember that it is far harder and more painful to be a blocked artist than it is to do the work.
- Be alert, always, for the presence of the Great Creator leading and helping my artist.
- Choose companions who encourage me to do the work, not just talk about doing the work or why I am not doing the work.
- Remember tat the Great Creator loves creativity.
- Remember that it is my job to do the work, not judge the work.
- Place the sign in my workplace: Great Creator, I will take care of the quantity. You take care of the quality.
I’m working on these rules every day, moment by moment, step by step.
Until next time, keep on typing….